By Adriano Marchese

 

Mountain Province Diamonds Inc. said it has suspended all non-essential work at its mine in the Northwest Territories after a worker died following an accident on-site.

The Canadian diamond company said Friday that an employee from a contract partner company sustained injuries in an incident at the Gahcho Kue mine and succumbed to them on Thursday.

The circumstances around the accident are under investigation by the appropriate authorities, the company said.

The mine is located northeast of Yellowknife. It is a joint venture between De Beers Group, the operator and majority partner with a 51% stake, and Mountain Province Diamonds with the other 49%.

 

Write to Adriano Marchese at adriano.marchese@wsj.com

 

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

September 02, 2022 09:54 ET (13:54 GMT)

Copyright (c) 2022 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
Anglo American (LSE:AAL)
Historical Stock Chart
From Jan 2023 to Feb 2023 Click Here for more Anglo American Charts.
Anglo American (LSE:AAL)
Historical Stock Chart
From Feb 2022 to Feb 2023 Click Here for more Anglo American Charts.